What data do we collect?
- IP address and information regarding what pages are accessed and when
- name and email address if submitting a comment.
- As part of the COVID-19 positive test form: Your name, pupil’s and siblings name and relationships, class, dates of test, symptoms and quaratine, telephone number, email address
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Voluntarily complete a feedback form.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Submit a comment
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Serve the web pages to your device.
- Respond to comments or feedback forms.
How do we store your data?
We securely stores your data at either on-site within school, on our website site datacentre servers or Microsoft Office 365 clous services..
- We will keep your IP address and information regarding what pages are accessed and when for 12 months. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by removing the server logs.
- We will keep your name and email address if submitting a comment until the article on which you hae commented is deleted.
- We will keep your data from COVID-19 forms form until there is no need to maintain COVID-19 medical information. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data.
What are your data protection rights?
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via our Contact page
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Remembering preferences
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – we uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We don not use any of these cookies
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745